What should be included on your HVAC Maintenance Checklist?
Why Maintain your Air Conditioning and Heating System?
Keeping your air conditioning and heating equipment in good repair can save you more than simply money. Imagine lounging in your comfortable home in the dead of summer and your air conditioner fails or preparing for a party in the winter when your heat pump malfunctions. Scrambling to find a technician before you have to endure the discomfort of a breakdown can be stressful, time consuming and costly.
Things to look for.....
- Air filter replacement is key– Air filters need to be replaced regularly to maintain air quality and air flow.
- Fan assessment – The motor and blades on the fan should be checked to make sure they are clean, not damaged and free from any debris
- Thermostat settings – Your settings should keep your space comfortable when you are around to enjoy it and change to conserve power when you are not home.
- Lubrication – Lubrication reduces resistance and helps you save energy.
- Condensate drain – The condensate drain should be inspected to ensure that it is not clogged or obstructed.
- General operation assessment – A technician should confirm that the system starts, runs and shuts off correctly.
- Outdoor unit inspection – Debris and dirt should be removed from the area around the outdoor HVAC unit.
Specific Cooling and Heating System Maintenance
The air conditioning system should have additional inspections and maintenance completed.
- Refrigerant check – Too much or too little refrigerant can be an issue. Have system checked to make sure refrigerant levels are where they need to be.
- Coil cleaning – The coils on the evaporator and the condenser should be cleaned. This can help your unit operate more efficiently and increase the life of your system.
- Blower maintenance – Adjusting the blower components can help maintain proper airflow. The blower assembly should be cleaned during routine maintenance.
- Examine heating elements – For safe operation, gas or oil connections should be clean and unblemished, and there should be no leaks.
CategoryResidential Air Conditioning Service and Repair Companies
CreatedThursday, 06 September 2018
Group adminWheeler AC Repair And Plumbing